To: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Subject: What is fair
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
What is fair
I am writing to you today about a TV show called ‘Anne With An
This show was recently cancelled as the result of a break up between
its co-production partners CBC and Netflix. The show has meant so
much to me personally, and I, along with a large population of loyal
fans, would like to see its story continued.
Since the cancellation in November, there has been enormous global
outcry and demand for the show’s return. This is especially because
the show was cancelled BEFORE ratings could even be assessed for its
latest and best season on its international platform.
Over 1 million tweets were sent out within 24 hours of the
cancellation announcement and since then the #renewannewithane
and other related tags have continued to grow. The last accurate count we had was somewhere around 13 million in
tweets and engagement.
petition to renew the show has over 500k signatures
, a record number high in petitions for cancelled TV show renewals. With those kinds of numbers, we know the ratings
for Season 3 were extremely high, even if Netflix does not release numbers.
Please consider renewing production on this in demand program with a
loyal passionate fan base that would follow it anywhere. With the recent global pandemic, increased demand for
heartwarming content like “Anne With An E” will remain popular for some time amongst the lingering uncertaintly.
Other facts to consider:
- AWAE is an award winning production. It leads the TV Drama category at the 2020 CSAs with 17
nominations, and took home 2 awards at the 2020 ACTRAs.
for more acclaim)
- It has shown a large global presence resonating in 190
countries, with a clearly passionate and active fandom
- The fan base is now united behind a website which provides further insights on the value of the show and its global reach.
- Multiple fan funded (even some sponsored) billboards launched in
Toronto, NYC and Phoenix.
- It has repeatedly landed on Netflix’s most binge watched
- Several cultural arguments on the show’s signifance are highlighted here.
- Moira Walley Beckett, Emmy award winning Breaking Bad fame, is our fearless showrunner and a force to be reckoned with.
A KINDRED SPIRIT