mailRe: [Galette-devel] Hello Galette

Header

Content

Posted by Johan Cwiklinski on August 15, 2013 - 09:35:
Hi Marc,

Le 14/08/2013 15:29, Marc Andreu Fernandez a écrit :
Hello Johan and team, good afternoon.

I finally finished the Import Google Contacts plugin. You can try and
review from
https://bitbucket.org/trashy/galette-import-google-contacts/commits/53cb762040da208e620fae7abc569caa6d9544aa

I configured my eclipse with the php code snifer to follow the pear coding
standards. Let me know if there is still something not good about styles,
its first time to use this.

There is a small Readme.txt file with the basic details you need to know in
order to configure the google authentication details.

I've checked out your changes, but I've not tested the import itself (no
time for this for now).

I've made some changes I've commited on the bitbucket repo, commit
message and changes themselves should be self explanatory ;)

One think I was trying to do while cleaning the code was to write some unit
tests using Atoum. The only test that its working is the HelloWorld sample
test of Atoum tutorial :-) . I had issues with the required_once,
namespaces and file locations as I tried to put classes into /classes but
it did not work. If you could help the to setup a simple test for the
GoogleContcatsClient.php could be very useful for me to cover as much code
as possible with proper test cases.

Well... Unit tests are not really working into Galette, due to some
coding issues (globals for example).
So, do not expect tests to run if you rely on an existing Galette class
for now :(

Also, nothing is really done for plugins unit testing; only plugins
detection is done in the core of Galette.
I'll try to take a look on that when I'll have some free time, but I'm
pretty sure that will not work until some heay changes has been made on
core itself.

Another issue that I had is about running the plugin a second time. When an
adherent already exists the check function, of the Adherent class, fails
and I  am not able to add more data to that adherent. Is there any way to
check the import values are correct for an already existing member? That
could allow this plugin to do proper synchronization from Gmail to Galette.
Its in my TODO list, but any help on this could be very useful as well.

I do not see anything really wrong so far (that does not mean nothing is
;)). I'll take a look when I can test the whole thing.

Thank you,
--
Johan